Job Title: Conventional Machinist - Winst St-Greensboro
Reports To: Shop Foreman
Status: Temp to Hire
All applicant's to be considered MUST have Grinding experience. This positon is for a CONVENTIONAL Machinist NOT CNC.
A Conventional Machinist operates machine tools and holds tolerances of machined material to drawing specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Safely operating all duties:
1. Safely set up & operate manual milling & turning to produce parts as required by job order for various steels, aluminum, and plastics.
2. Safely operate Accu-rite mill and Prototrak lathe to produce parts as required by job order is a plus.
3. Surface or cylindrical grinding experience as required by job order.
4. Ability to read and interpret blue prints including geometric tolerances to produce parts as require by job order.
5. Ability to use gages and measuring equipment to meet tolerance requirements.
6. Must be proficient in Shop Math conducive to producing quality parts as required.
7. Must provide basic hand tools and measuring instruments.
8. Maintain housekeeping duties in order to keep work area neat, clean, safe and stocked.
9. Other duties as assigned by the Shop Foreman or other members of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Ability to follow company policies and procedures.
3. Ability to follow directions, comply with standards of performance, and make corrections when instructed.
4. Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
5. Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including being available for overtime and on-call assignments.
6. Ability to read and write at a level sufficient to complete basic paperwork associated with the job, such as timesheets and written job-related reports.
7. Ability to safely operate a forklift at the location that you work.
8. Meet company drug screen, criminal background and driving record standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, stand, walk, reach, feel by touch, stoop, kneel, bend and crouch. Employee spends the majority of the day standing at a machine station.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision.
The work environment will frequently contain one or more of the following: loud machine noises, risk of cuts, abrasions, electrical shock, vibration and pinch points from high speed cutting devices and pressing devices. Personal Protective Equipment, engineering controls, defined procedures and specialized training are provided to reduce hazard exposure risks.
A Conventional Machinist typically works an assigned 10-hour shift Monday through Thursday 6:30 am - 5:00 pm. In addition, the Machinist may be subject to an on-call schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays. Likewise, hours may be reduced during periods of reduced workload or demand.
A Conventional Machinist is required to wear long pants, heavy duty work shoes, and shirts appropriate for a machine shop (not baggy or ripped).