Mancan- Statesville is recruiting for a BILINGUAL SPANISH speaking medical assistant.
Summary of Position
The Medical Assistant clinical duties vary according to state law and include: taking medical histories and recording vital signs, explaining treatment procedures to patients, preparing patients for examination, and assisting the provider during the examination. They may receive direction from an MD, mid-level provider, RN, LPN and or the assigned supervisor. Administrative duties may include, but not limited to: answering telephones, greeting patients, updating and filing patient medical records, scheduling appointments, handling correspondence, billing, and bookkeeping. Clinical duties may include, but not limited to: taking medical histories, explaining treatment procedures to patients, preparing patients for examination, instructing patients about medication and special diets, preparing and administering medications, drawing blood and more.
Education: High school diploma or GED required
Experience Required: 1 year of related clinical work; OJT for ≥2 years preferred
Professional Licensure: CMA or RMA certified preferred
Certification(s) : CPR
Key Responsibilities (10-Core)
1. Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned and within the MA scope of practice. Room patients, obtain vitals, patient history and reason for seeking care.
2. Assist patient in navigating care through the encounter process to minimize ambiguity.
3. Accurately document all aspects of patient encounters required for job functions including but not limited to patient charges and lab charges for billing department.
4. Tracks and document closed loop communication with patients, including but not limited to labs, return calls, refills, patient education pertaining to their ongoing health care and more.
5. Communicate with external and internal parties as needed to facilitate continuity of care.
6. Fulfills supportive assignment on time and unprompted. Assignments may include but are not limited performing controls, instrument maintenance, infection control, ordering, sorting, storing supplies, and restocking.
7. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and management.
8. Guard patient privacy and comply with HIPAA regulations at all times.
9. Actively participates in QI activities, and participates in staff meetings as required.
10. Adherence to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
11. Complete annual competencies within the required time frame.
12. Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.