Mancan-Statesville is partnering with a Mooresville auto parts manufacturer to fill Multi-Spindle Screw Machinists (CNC) positions. Please send resumes to email@example.com and call 704.873.0102 to schedule immediate interviews.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers.
• Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
• Manually load raw material into machines.
• Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
• Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as multi-spindle lathes.
• Set up, adjust, and use all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation of tools to perform precision machining operations.
• Measure, examine, and test completed components to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as gauges.
• Maintain appropriate machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, layout, and machining procedures.
• Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
• Check machines to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled.
• Confer with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
• Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
• Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment to remove grease and chips.
Multi-Spindle Screw Machinist
• Evaluate experimental procedures, and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
• Fit and assemble parts to make or repair machine tools.
• Support metalworking projects from planning and fabrication through assembly, inspection, and testing, using knowledge of machine functions, metal properties and mathematics.
• Responsible for keeping and sustaining a clean, orderly, and safe work area per the 5S guidelines.
• Perform other assigned tasks for the safe and effective operation of the facility.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education : High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience : One to two years of related experience, able to read blueprints