Mancan-Statesville is partnering with a Mooresville manufacturer for CNC Machinists.
Set up, operate and tend gantry loaded turning machines to turn, drill, bore, thread, form, or face metal work pieces (slugs).
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Maintain quality standards:
o Examine blueprint to determine part specifications.
o Be familiar with a wide variety of measuring gages, including, dial indicators, micrometers, bore gages, height gages, comparators, profilometers and job specific gages in order to determine that parts meet specifications.
o Be able to gather and use SPC data using electronic gages or computers as required.
o Be able to recognize and notify supervision of any poor quality conditions.
o Inspect first article parts and submit appropriate inspection reports
• Study blueprints, layouts, charts and job orders for information on specifications and tooling instructions.
• Select cutting tools and tool holders according to written specifications or knowledge of standard machine shop practice.
• Position, secure, and align cutting tools in tool holders on machines using hand tools and verify their positions with measuring instruments.
• Install and verify operation of standard turning center and gantry work-holding components.
• Place metal work pieces (slugs) manually into rotary work stockers or onto conveyors so that they are available to be loaded into the turning machine using an automated gantry system.
• Operate and adjust gantry loading system manually to facilitate and ensure proper loading of blank slugs into turning center.
• Compute unspecified dimensions and machine settings using shop mathematics.
• Load appropriate CNC program(s) from machine control library.
CNC Lathe and Mill Operator
• Start, operate and adjust turning machines and their controls to ensure that part characteristics and dimensions are maintained within specified tolerances and that proper speeds, feeds and depths of cut are maintained.
• Step machines through cycles, stopping to adjust tool positions and machine controls to ensure specified timing and clearances
• Turn valve handles to direct the flow of coolant onto work areas.
• Replace worn or broken tools and tool holders.
• Monitor and maintain proper coolant, hydraulic oil, and lubricating oil levels and supply.
• Perform regular and specified operator preventative maintenance.
• May assist maintenance personnel or supervisor in repair maintenance.
• Operate attached or associated secondary equipment, automation and autogages as required.
• Advise supervisor of unusual machining conditions, machine problems, unsafe conditions, or needed repairs, and aid in troubleshooting.
• Responsible for keeping and sustaining a clean, orderly, and safe work area per 5S guidelines.
• Perform any other assigned tasks for the safe and effective operation of the facility.
Please send resume to email@example.com and call 704.873.0102 to schedule immediate interviews.