Mancan-Statesville is partnering with a Mooresville auto parts manufacturer in recruiting for Quality Technicians.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and call 704.873.0102 to schedule immediate interviews.
Must meet customers background requirements.
Do diversified bench work, first article inspection, final audit, or line inspection to close tolerances. Some responsibility for decisions as to quality and finish.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Read blueprints or engineering specifications to obtain product information such as specified material, surface finish and dimensions.
• Understand and use proper inspection procedures.
• Use precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators and snap gages to ensure the product meets specifications.
• Able to maintain all records including job cards, in-process charts, gage records, etc.
• Be able to coordinate product inspection (sorting) activities on the off shift as needed, as well as work an off shift or overtime when necessary.
• Be able to use and maintain standard and electronic gaging used in the shop and inspection room. Notify supervisor of abnormal or questionable gages.
• Complete First Piece inspection for all jobs as needed
• Responsible for keeping and sustaining a clean, orderly, and safe work area per the 5S guidelines.
• Perform any other assigned tasks for the safe and effective operation of the facility.
• Perform autogage P.M.’s, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High school graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment with high mechanical aptitude.
• Must have experience using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators, and snap gages to ensure the product meets specifications.
• Must have experience inspecting, testing, and sampling parts for defects and deviations from specifications.
• Must be able to perform gage and/or part studies as needed with little or no supervision.
• Must have basic computer and data entry skills using Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel).
• Must be able to set LVDT’s. Electronic column gages are a plus.