Mancan Staffing Solutions is recruiting for auto body techs for a local auto auction. MUST have prior experience, clean background and Valid Drivers License. We are located at 1814 East Broad St, Statesville, NC 28625. We accept applications Monday-Friday 9-11am and 2-4pm. Please send qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2 Body Repair Technician $15-$17/hr
This position is responsible for repairing damaged bodies and body parts of vehicles according to repair manual, and/or customer specification by using hand and power tools.
• Examine damaged vehicles and estimate cost of repair.
• Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window and seat operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle body and fenders.
• Position dolly block against surface of dented area and hammer opposite surface to remove dents. Fill depressions with body filler using appropriate applicator.
• Remove damaged fenders, panels, and grills, using wrenches and cutting torch, and bolt or weld replacement parts in position with appropriate welding equipment. Repair fiberglass panels and parts.
• Operate grinder, buffer, dual action sander, and miscellaneous hand and power tools to perform body repair work on damaged areas.
• Using appropriate frame equipment, determine measurements required to repair frame-damaged vehicles. Straighten, pull and repair bent automobile frames with pneumatic frame straightening machine.
• Refinish repaired surfaces by painting them using paint spray gun and sander.
• Aim headlights, align wheels, and bleed hydraulic brake system. Repair or replace defective mechanical parts.
• Maintain clean and safe work environment in compliance with OSHA and Auction policies.
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
• May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.