Mancan-Statesville has partnered with a Mooresville auto parts manufacturer in recruiting for a 3rd shift maintenance technician. Must have clean background, great work history and reliable transportation.
We are located at 1814 East Broad St, Statesville, NC 28625 and we accept applications Monday-Friday 9-11am and 2-4pm.
Please call us at 704.873.0102 for more information.
Perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve pipe fitting; boiler making; insulating; welding; machining; carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; and repairing buildings, floors, or stairs.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment
• Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate
• Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists
• Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices
• Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components including 3-phase, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment
• Troubleshoot and repair hydraulics and pneumatics
• Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary
• Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions
• Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery
• Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, forklifts, hand tools, and power tools
• Plan and lay out repair work, using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, and schematic diagrams
• May specify needed parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogs and suppliers, or obtain them from the tool crib
• Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools, levels, and straightedges
• Paint and repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, and other parts of building structures
• Operate cutting torches or welding equipment to cut, join, or fabricate metal parts
• Align and level new equipment after installation
• Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
• Record type of repair work on the work orders and preventative maintenance log.
• Assist other repairmen with complicated repairs
• Responsible for keeping and sustaining a clean, orderly, and safe work area per the 5S guidelines
• Perform any other assigned tasks for the safe and effective operation of the facility
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Two to four years of related experience
Certificates & Licenses: Forklift and Overhead Crane Certifications, PLC programming a plus