Minerva company is in need of a furnace operator. This position is in the tube manufacturing department. The job requires controlling and maintaining a controlled atmosphere continuous belt furnace to anneal and braze metal products.
• Set up, adjust and operate the belt furnace and auxiliary metal preparatory equipment to process product to specifications.
• Handle the Start Up, Operation, and Shut Down of the furnace through the use of a PLC and manual controls.
• Select the correct furnace recipe and enter into furnace PLC/HMI.
• Select all furnace fixtures to run parts.
• Maintain furnace fixtures as required.
• Maintain furnace logs and document furnace records.
• Setup and operate the alloy coating application machine to prepare products for furnace brazing.
• Load and unload furnace.
• Perform first article runs and communicate recommendations as appropriate.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety protocols.
• Read/understand prints and information provided in the shop traveler.
• Measure, test, and visually inspect tubes to insure they meet the print and all quality requirements.
• Work with downstream operations to ensure product suitability.
• A high school diploma with at least 1 year experience with heat treating equipment.
• Must be physically fit and able to lift 50 lbs. plus stand for extended periods.
• Problem Solving/Analysis skills.
• Exercise good judgment
• Able to multi-task
• Decision making ability.
• Time Management skills.
• Thoroughness/Attention to details.
• Communication proficiency.
• Be able to read basic drawings.
• Have the ability to perform basic calculations using shop Math.
• Read and comprehend standard operating procedures and be willing to learn.
• Able to accurately use a tape measure, calipers, height gages, and other metal measuring equipment.
• Results Driven.
• 3 years’ experience with a heat treating furnace
• 1 year experience with controlled atmosphere furnace
• ERP Software
• Employee Orientation
• In house furnace training
We do offer our temporary employees full benefits such as paid vacation, holidays, 401K, as well as vision/dental/medical. Some of the best companies in the area use Mancan including Fortune 500 companies. It is a great opportunity for you to get your foot in the door with some of the area's top companies.
For consideration apply in person at Mancan Temporary Employment Staffing Agency or online at www.mancan.com We take applications Monday - Friday 8am-4pm. Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume. Mancan Staffing Agency is located at 120 S Union Alliance, OH 44601. Please feel free to call us at 330-823-8010 with any questions. Temporary to hire on positions available.