A Strasburg company is looking for an experienced machinist who can set up and operate manually controlled machines for the fabrication, maintenance, repair, and alteration of machinery, machine parts, tools, and equipment.
The hours are 7:30am-4pm M-F. If someone is looking for extra income, it could be part-time depending on preference. While on Mancan's payroll, there will be no OT required, but once hired, there is a possibility for OT. The pay rate is based on experience.
• Read and interpret blueprints
• Use gauges and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements
• Use precision tools, machinery and equipment such as a lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, push and pull broaches, and a variety of cutting tools and equipment
• Create all drawings and prints for all machined work or customer required documentations
• Fabricate and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics, and composites
• Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines
• Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend change or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to set-up and production.
• Ability to solve customer needs involving hose lines and adapter requirements
Must have a general knowledge of:
1. Estimating time and materials for machine jobs
2. The quality/machinability and uses of metals, alloys, and other materials.
3. Machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
4. Operating a manual lathe, manual milling machine, vertical saw, and horizontal saw.
5. Design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE:
• Three years related experience (Journeyman certification preferred)
• High school diploma or GED required
In performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to:
• Move or transfer objects with an overhead crane/Jib Crane
• Operate a forklift
• Lift up to 50 lbs when required
Mancan is the only staffing company to offer our employees competitive benefits including direct deposit paycheck options, paid time off for holidays & vacations, life/health/dental insurance, career development/training, and 401(k) with company match
Mancan Temporary Employment Staffing Agency Apply online at www.mancan.com or in person! Applications accepted every day until 4pm. Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume with you. Our New Philadelphia office is located in the Downtown Square at 100 South Broadway, diagonally across from the Courthouse.