Job Title: Shop Assistant/Delivery Driver
Pay Rate: $11:00-$14:00 based on experience
The shop assistant will load parts, clean shop, and will operate a vehicle to transport material to and from specific local destinations in a safe and efficient manner. This position will deliver small machined parts to local customers. This position is more in shop assisting machinist than driving.
• Load parts in machines, inspection of parts, cleaning of parts
• Keeping Shop clean and organized
• Exceptional driving record, must be a clean record & able to pass background check
• Valid Driver Licenses
• Good customer service
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to operate the vehicle in accordance with State and Federal regulations
• Responsible for the protection of company equipment and freight from damage, theft, and tampering
• Able to ensure that freight is delivered in good condition to final destination
• Verify the freight corresponds with the paperwork
• Make sure vehicle is clean and secure at the end of destination
• Make sure vehicle has proper repairs and is in working condition
• Conduct vehicle inspections on daily basis
• Present self in clean and professional manner at all times
• Respond promptly and professionally to customer needs
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures related to company drivers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Ability to follow company policies and procedures.
3. Ability to follow directions, comply with standards of performance, and make corrections when instructed.
4. Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
5. Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including being available for overtime and on-call assignments.
6. Ability to read and write at a level sufficient to complete basic paperwork associated with the job, such as timesheets and written job-related reports.
7. Ability to operate a forklift at the location that you work.
8. Meet company drug screen, criminal background and driving record standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, stand, walk, reach, feel by touch, stoop, kneel, bend and crouch. Employee may spend the majority of the day sitting or standing at any given time.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision.
The Shop Assistant is required to wear long pants, heavy duty work shoes, and shirts appropriate for the machine shop (not baggy or ripped).
For consideration apply in person at Mancan Temporary Employment Staffing Agency or online at www.mancan.com. We take applications Monday through Friday 8am - 3pm. Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume. Mancan Staffing Agency is located at 7360 W. Friendly Ave., Ste. 112 Greensboro, NC 27410. Please feel free to call us at 336-323-7878 with any questions. Temporary to hire on positions available. Check out all of our jobs in Greensboro NC at www.mancan.com #GreensboroMancan#Jobs#Greensboro#North CarolinaMancan#Jobs#Greensboro#North Carolina