A dynamic Northfield company is seeking experienced Extrusion Operators.
$14-18 per hour depending on experience (+.50 shift diff for nights)
Temp to perm to hire position
Summary - Sets up and operates extrusion line to produce plastic sheets which meet customer
specifications and dimensions according to work orders and / or blueprints
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
· Start up, set up, operate, and tend machine that extrudes thermoplastics to meet customer
specifications and dimensions according to work orders.
· Load materials into extruder and adjust feed mechanisms to set feed rates.
· Move controls to activate and adjust for extruding process.
· Observe machine operations, control boards, and gauges to detect any defective material or any
· Press the correct buttons to stop machine when processes are complete or when malfunctions
· Responsible for detailed completion of work orders and production reports.
· Operator must always be mentally alert on the machine.
· Operator who is not alert runs a great risk of getting injured or injuring another employee.
Training will include other duties on the production floor to help understand all positions and
· Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management.
Skills and Requirements
· Tow motor driving experience
· Must be able to read a tape measure
· Mathematical aptitude
· Ability to read/understand specifications.
· Ability to read measuring devices such as ruler, caliper, dial indicator, micrometer and scale
· Manual dexterity and ability to use all hand tools in order to set up and operate extruder.
· Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50-100 pounds. (Over 50 lbs. with an assist).
· Frequent standing, walking and lifting.
· Follow written safety procedures
· Previous extrusion experience and knowledge of plastic sheet extrusion process a plus.
· 3+ years as a machine operator, preferably in some kind of plastic environment (preferred)
· Regular and punctual attendance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or
feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The
employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to
50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus. Requires special safety precautions such as working around moving
parts, machines or with irritant chemicals. Employees are required to use protective clothing or gear.
May work in an area that is very uncomfortable due to extreme temperature, noise levels or other
This position requires physical exertion.
· High school diploma/GED minimum
Mancan has jobs available in Northfield, Twinsburg, Macedonia, Streetsboro, Aurora, Bedford, Maple Heights, Solon and Cleveland.
Apply online at www.mancan.com or we take applications Mon -Thurs 9a-3pm.
Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume with you.
Mancan Temporary Staffing Employment Agency is located at 10412 Northfield Rd, Northfield, OH 44067.
Please call us at 330-467-9675 with any questions. #DINDI