Full-Time Temp to Permanent
Shift: 1st (hours are 6:00 am - 2:30 pm with potential for overtime/weekend work required)
Pay Rate: Most positions starting pay rate is $13.00 hourly but occasionally will vary based on experience.
Want to work for a great company with excellent benefits and bonuses, profit sharing, etc.? Apply today!
METAL SLITTING -TOOLING SET-UP (AKA SLITTING HEAD BUILDER)
1. Sets up and tears down tooling for each work order processed on a slitting line.
2. Knives & tooling must be separated/stored properly to avoid mixing up sizes
3. Head Builder inputs data from work order, into a computer program
a. Coil width
b. Coil gauge
c. Number of cuts
d. Slitter knife thickness
e. Required horizontal clearance to achieve
4. Computer program generates a tooling set-up model
a. Head Builder will build the set-up from the computer model
b. After completing the set-up, going back and verifying the set-up was made accurately. Verify visually and with a tape measure.
5. Handling round slitter knife discs, and tooling spacers with specific widths.
6. Head Builder must keep pace with the production line and have tooling set-ups ready for oncoming shift.
7. Three (3) slitter knife stands are available to build tooling onto.
a. A slitter knife stand is a stand-alone unit in which tooling is set-up on, for a work order.
8. Must be good at basic math - addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
9. Understand how to read and operate a micrometer, caliper, tape measure
10. Must have basic understanding of mechanical systems
a. Know how to safely check knife edge condition for sharp/dull edges
b. Understand that mating surfaces, when stacked together, can affect total length of the stacked tooling (dirt, surface damage, oil)
11. The Head Builder has a technical mind set, work hard to do accurate work, and understands the importance of organizing tooling and the work area.
12. There are 2 head builders per crew. You may occasionally have to work as one head builder due to absences, crew adjustment
13. You will be handling tooling that can weigh from a few ounces, to 35 lbs. Some tooling can reach 40-50 lbs however these pieces do not represent what is handled on every work order set-up.
Mancan Staffing has the best jobs available in Greensboro NC
Using Google for jobs? Or searching Jobs Near Me?
For consideration apply in person at Mancan Temporary Employment Staffing Agency or online at www.mancan.com. We take applications Monday through Thursday between 9 am - 11:00 am and 2:00 pm until 4:00 pm. Please bring 2 forms of government ID and unless you've already uploaded your resume when applying online. Temporary to hire positions available. Check out all of our jobs in Greensboro NC at www.mancan.com #GreensboroMancan#Jobs#Greensboro#North CarolinaMancan#Jobs#Greensboro#North Carolina