Job Title: Painter
Reports To: Shop Foreman
Temp to Permanent
Pay Rate: $12.00-$14.00 hourly based on experience level
Shift: 1st (7:00 am - 3:30 pm Mon-Fri and available for overtime as needed/required)
A Painter is able to clean, prepare, and paint industrial parts to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned. Safely operating in all areas is mandatory.
• Operate and maintain spray guns and other equipment
• Prepared paints, lacquers and/or enamels to products as required
• Thin paints to proper consistency and viscosity for spray or brush painting application
• Experience with industrial paint sprayers designed to atomize paint in an industrial setting
• Apply paint to surfaces
• Scrape, grind, prime or seal surfaces prior to painting
• Cover surfaces with cloth or plastics to ensure protection
• Keep work areas clean, organized & take proper care of all equipment
• Able to touch up or apply second coat as needed
• Able to remove paint splatters when finished.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Ability to follow company policies and procedures.
• Ability to follow directions, complies with standards of performance, and makes corrections when instructed.
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including being available for overtime and on-call assignments.
• Ability to read and write at a level sufficient to complete basic paperwork associated with the job, such as timesheets and written job-related reports.
• Ability to operate a forklift at the location that you work.
• Meet company drug screen, criminal background and driving record standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, stand, walk, reach, feel by touch, stoop, kneel, bend and crouch. Employee spends the majority of the day standing at a station.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision.
The work environment will frequently contain one or more of the following: loud machine noises, risk of cuts, abrasions, electrical shock, vibration and pinch points from high speed cutting devices and pressing devices. Personal Protective Equipment, engineering controls, defined procedures and specialized training are provided to reduce hazard exposure risks.
A Painter typically works an assigned 10-hour shift Monday through Thursday or Tuesday through Friday. In addition, the Painter may be subject to an on-call schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays. Likewise, hours may be reduced during periods of reduced workload or demand.
A Painter is required to wear long pants, heavy duty work shoes, and shirts appropriate for a fabrication shop (not loose, baggy or ripped).
For consideration apply in person at Mancan Temporary Employment Staffing Agency or online at www.mancan.com. We take applications Monday through Friday 8am - 3pm. Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume. Mancan Staffing Agency is located at 7360 W. Friendly Ave., Ste. 112