A St. Mary's industrial plant is looking for a full time controller for their accounting department. The plant controller position functions as a business partner with plant and financial management to effectively manage and control the local operations. They are accountable for plant-level responsibilities including general accounting, cost accounting, bill of materials, business analysis, and financial reporting. Will also liaison with corporate financial staff, as required.
• Prepare monthly reports of results, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning.
• Responsible for internal controls at the plant for operations and finance.
• Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results to the plant and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements.
• Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
• Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly.
• Ensure timely and accurate input of bill of material and standard cost changes.
• Attend daily plant production meetings.
• Perform walkthroughs of the plant with the Plant Manager to discuss production and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
• Conduct formal meetings with manufacturing and finance management personnel to discuss all plant issues.
• Document and understand ERP/MRP systems, hardware, and reporting conventions.
• Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items.
• Reconcile all inter-company accounts monthly.
• Analyze internal controls to ensure assets are adequately safeguarded and results are accurately reported.
• Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management.
• Assist in the completion of special projects or any other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a one-hour lunch.
Travel is primarily local, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, minimum 4 years of experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment with an emphasis on cost accounting. High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and ERP/MRP systems. MBA and/or CPA preferred.