PUNCH PRESS SET UP OPERATOR urgently needed for rapidly expanding Mentor Company. This position will be long term with the opportunity for advancement. We are looking for a quality candidate that is willing to learn and grow with our company. We aim to promote from within the company and now is a great time to join. This is a 1st shift position working from 7:30am to 4:00pm Monday-Friday. Over time is offered as needed. Pay is based on experience starting between $14.00 and $17.00 an hour
• Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines, using gauges, templates, or rulers.
• Position, align, secure work pieces against fixtures, jigs, or stops on machine beds, dies, or work table.
• Understand customer drawings: dimensions, features, written notes, etc.
• Read, understand, and follow drawings, job cards, and work instructions to determine specifications, locations of product features, and customer special instructions.
• Communicate technical, production, quality, safety and inventory concerns to the appropriate person.
• Complete routine paper work, including inspection records and daily sheets.
• Actively initiate and conduct problem solving/process improvements to improve productivity and quality.
• Ability to use measuring equipment (micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers.
• High School diploma or General Education Degree with a minimum of two year of related work experience, training, or equivalent combination.
• Must have knowledge of algebra and geometry.
• Must possess effective written and oral communication skills and be able to handle multiple projects within limited time frames.
• Intermediate drawing knowledge with an understanding of dimensional tolerances.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Able to conduct inspection of product to evaluate conformance to quality, appearance, or performance standards.
• Troubleshoot problems by determining the cause(s) of operating errors and deciding proper course of action to remedy the problem.
• Accurately and efficiently set up fixtures, dies, holding systems, and ejection equipment accordingly.
• Instruct, teach, and check for understanding when teaching others how to perform tasks.
• Precision control demonstrated by the ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions.
• Must possess production and processing knowledge pertaining to raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product.
• The ability to create and participate in a team oriented environment
• Must be able to effectively manage one self, demonstrate integrity, be productive under pressure, and achieve production goals.
• Manual dexterity verified by the ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions.
• Advanced print reading experience is helpful
• Primary working position is with arms extended in front of the body with upper body bent forward.
• 95% of the job requires standing and moving around the equipment, 5% of the job requires assuming awkward positions including kneeling, squatting, or reaching.
• Material movement requires lifting, carrying, twisting/reaching, pushing and pulling.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion.
Mancan Temporary Staffing Employment Agency do offer our temporary employees full benefits such as paid vacation, holidays, 401K, as well as vision, dental, and medical. Some of the best companies in the area use Mancan including Fortune 500 companies. It is a great opportunity for you to get your foot in the door with some of the area’s top companies. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us at 440-285-5627
Apply online at www.mancan.com/ or we take applications Monday-Thursday 9am-3pm. Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume with you. Manca