Mancan-Statesville is recruiting for a Material Handler/Saw Operator for a Mooresville manufacturer.
Must have CLEAN BACKGROUND, RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION and GOOD WORK HISTORY.
Change over and operate a CNC controlled hydraulic cold saw to cut slugs of varying lengths from 12’ or longer bars of varying diameters. CNC programs have been previously written, but operator will have to load the appropriate program for a part into the control, change saw blades and blade brushes as needed and make minor adjustments to slug length.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Maintain quality standards:
o Examine blueprint to determine part specifications
o Be familiar with a limited variety of measuring gages, including, dial indicators, snap gages and job specific gages to determine that part meets specifications
o Be able to gather and use SPC data as required
o Be able to recognize and notify supervision of any poor-quality conditions
o Inspect first article parts and submit appropriate inspection reports
• Operate the machine in a safe manner following all usual and standard safety procedures
• Understand basic CNC control operation and be comfortable manually operating the CNC control using on screen buttons and icons
• Assist in making basic and common repairs to machine, as requested and perform designated PM as required
• Changeover from one part to another using pre-qualified CNC programs
• Maintain efficiency standards
• Perform material handling duties as required, utilizing hand trucks or pallet jacks
• Maintain the machine in a safe and orderly condition
• Responsible for keeping and sustaining a clean, orderly, and safe work area per the 5S guidelines.
• Maintain proper paperwork including job cards and pan tickets
• Perform other duties as assigned by lead person or supervisor for the safe and effective operation of the facility
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
• Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace
• Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
• Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal
• Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
• Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: One to two years related experience.
Certificates & Licenses: Forklift Certification
For consideration apply in person at Mancan Temporary Employment Staffing Agency or online at www.mancan.com. We take applications Monday through Friday 9-11am – 2-4pm. Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume. Mancan Staffing Agency is located at 1814 East Broad St, Statesville, NC 28625. Please feel free to call us at 704.873.0102 with any questions. Temporary to hire on positions available. Check out all of our jobs in Statesville, NC at www.mancan.com #StatesvilleMancan#Jobs#Statesvi