PRESS OPERATOR needed at PERRY company on 2nd SHIFT. Hours are MONDAY-THURSDAY 2pm-12am, $12/hr. MUST have a valid DL and clean background.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes and Recognizes parts by appearance and size.
• Distinguishes between unacceptable and acceptable parts.
• Operates transfer mold press, rubber mills and buffers
• Uses scale to weigh rubber to proper weight listed on work instructions.
• Uses utility knife and blade knife in a safe manner to cut rubber.
• Uses buffing belts and wire brush grinders to clean parts when required.
• Locates and reads temperature readouts on presses to verify temperatures are correct for parts being produced.
• Correctly cleans and packs parts after molding.
• Assembles boxes and skid crates using the staple gun. Labels and initials boxes and cartons.
• Performs end of shift duties; such as cleaning up work area, wiping down equipment, leaving a minimum of 5 heats of stock milled and weighed and emptying garbage cans. Has knowledge to use proper shutdown and start up procedures.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time and walk. The employee must regularly lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be capable of bending, reaching, crouching and do repetitive motions.
• Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Attendance – Consistently arriving to work on time and ready to work.
• Care and Use of Equipment – The employee is able to perform all operation checks of job related equipment, safely and without damage to equipment or employee.
• Job Knowledge - Awareness and possession or mastery of special facts, practices, manual skills, techniques and decision-making methods. Knowledge of all specific jobs and tasks performed.
• Learning Skills - Learns quickly when facing new problems. A relentless and versatile learner. Open to change. Analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. Quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of work related tasks and assignments.
Experience and Requirements:
• Valid Driver’s License required
• Pass a drug test prior to hire, subject to random tests thereaftere
The employee may be exposed to loud noise from the machinery or equipment. The employee may be exposed to possible irritants such as mold lube, hydraulic oil, vanishing oil and smoke/odor from rubber.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability, and physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Personnel Protective Equipment:
Operators will be supplied with knit gloves, knit sleeves, safety glasses, ear plugs and face masks/face shields, safety shoes are suggested but not required.
Mancan Temporary Staffing Employment Agency offers our temporary employees full benefits such as paid vacation, holidays, 401K, as well as vision, dental, and medical. Some of the best companies in the area use Mancan including Fortune 500 companies. It is a great opportunity for you to get your foot in the door with some of the area’s top companies. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us at 440-285-5627
Using Google for jobs? Or searching Jobs Near Me? Call Mancan today……….
Apply online at www.mancan.com or stop in as we take applications Monday-Thursday 9am-3pm. Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume with you. Mancan temporary staffing emplo