We have a job opening for the perfect Talent Management Specialist !
Local, full time, permanent career!!
In this new role, the Human Resources / Talent Management Specialist will maintain focus on the recruiting and onboarding process for the hourly employees as well as overall training needs for both hourly and salaried employees within the company. In addition, this role will support the HR Manager and the HR Generalist in the daily responsibilities of managing an HR Department in a dynamic work environment of a growing company.
• Initially partner with other team members to design an effective onboarding program for hourly new hires as well as address other training needs already identified within the company such as training for front line supervisors.
• On an ongoing basis, assess developmental needs and recommend appropriate solutions to meet these needs.
• Own the recruiting process for hourly employees and actively engage in the onboarding process with new hires for their first 90 days of employment to ensure a successful onboarding experience.
Examples of Key Activities:
• Partner with the HR Manager and the Plant Manager on the onboarding and training needs of the organization to plan and create engaging and current content for the hourly stop floor employee population which supports their position on the floor.
• Manage the training needs for middle management, shift supervisors and leads which will initially involve creating or sourcing, in partnership with the Plant Manager and the HR Manager, an appropriate training program.
• Manage the recruiting process regarding hourly hires and partner with the HR Manager and HR Generalist in the life cycle of recruiting and hiring activities.
• Own the onboarding process for the hourly employees to assist the employee to assimilate to his/her shift and receive the training needed to ensure success. Communicate progress and roadblocks appropriately.
• Develop and maintain a robust system to monitor employee turnover, headcount requirements, the plan for direct or temporary hires, and communicate with those involved including external staffing companies. Complete weekly headcount/staffing reports for the lead team meeting.
• Conduct exit interviews for terminating employees and maintain an analysis of reasons the employees are leaving. Proactively identify opportunities for improvement on the company’s behalf and communicate these opportunities in a timely manner.
• Manage the hourly employee annual evaluation process, coordinate any training needs identified through the process, communicate the identified needs and monitor for completion.
• Train new salaried and management employees on the annual PDS Process.
• Be a resource for salaried training needs identified through the annual PDS process and/or through the succession planning process, researching and recommending solutions.
• Assist with administration of the internal job posting process for hourly positions.
• Maintenance of the hourly employee schedule to record new hires, terminations, and the flow of temporary workers. Distribute this schedule to selected company personnel.
• Communicate with front line supervision to stay current on both new hire and existing employee training needs – be proactive to arrange training opportunities.
• Maintain employee handbooks, process updates as applicable, and distribute changes to employees.
• Continue to expand employee communication for various topics such as employee wellness and benefit features.
• Participate on the Employee Engagement Committee.
• Completion of task functions necessary to hire and staff an organization which may include monitoring for receipt of paperwork, assistance with the annual open enrollment process, balance invoices, enter time for temporary employees, alphabetizing payroll records, etc.
This is a Temp to Hire position.
Mancan Temporary Staffing Employment