Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
A industrial company in Marietta is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team. This candidate would need some experience in accounts payable, preferably in manufacturing. However, the big criteria is high volume accounts payable.
This position is temp to hire
This position will be responsible for all aspects of the accounts payable functions and providing backup assistance to other accounting functions.
Examples of Key Activities:
• Answer main phone lines
• Answer main door
• Retrieve daily mail from mailbox, sort and distribute as appropriate
• Sort invoices, attach receivers where applicable, and distribute to proper people for approval
• Enter invoices into Sage 100, with particular attention to vendor number, invoice date/posting period, general ledger account and invoice amount
• Prepare invoice aging for check printing, and audit vendor statements against aging for missing invoices and correct totals
• Print checks and attach check stub to voucher package before mailing to vendor, add to Huntington Bank for positive pay
• Manual checks to Huntington Bank positive pay
• Properly file checks in accounts payable files, creating new files for new vendors
• Process employee expense reports
• Support accounts payable needs during year-end audit
• Sort checks from daily mail, run tape total by company, submit for remote deposit capture processing
• Order office supplies
• Assist with other filing as needed
• Manage available cash on postage machine and replenish as needed
• Manage supply room, including cleanout and coordination of Iron Mountain data storage (update spreadsheets)
• AP invoices matched, distributed to appropriate people for approval, to Controller for review and approve
• AP invoices entered for payment, setup of new vendors
• Manual checks entered, including taxes, payroll, wires, etc.
• Prepare CapEx monthly/yearly report, pull appropriate invoices
• A/P closed for month (AST/DLL/DOP/DCA).
• Closing accruals and entries
• Monthly commission entered, check printed (Landscape/DOP)
• DLL & DOP – Customer emails/phone calls regarding accounts
• Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
• High School diploma required. Some college or additional education in accounting subjects is an added benefit.
• Knowledge of accounts payable
• Knowledge of office administration and procedures
• Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
• Knowledge of general accounting principals
• Proficient in relevant computer software
• Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
• 1-3 years accounts payable and general accounting experience preferred and if that experience is in a manufacturing environment, that is an added bonus.
Required Technical Competencies:
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
• Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Problem analysis and problem solving skills
• Sense of urgency
• Ability to execute effectively within a flexible, dynamic environment
• High level of comfort with changing procedures
• Fast ten key and typing skills
• Proficient with MS Office Suite
Required Behavioral Competencies:
• Ethics: Adheres to the highest ethical conduct
• Builds Partnerships – Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units or organizations to help achieve business goals.
• Coaches – Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem within the Accounts Payable Function.
• Contributes to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Gains Commitment – Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acce