NOW HIRING a Word Processor to work in a prestigious law firm. This is a skilled position and the pay will be based on experience and room for advancement. HURRY in today this job will NOT last!
Candidates will Perform word processing duties for attorneys and paralegals.
2. Essential duties and responsibilities which must be performed in order to carry out the position purpose summarized above:
(The following description is a general representation of the key duties and responsibilities of this
position. Other duties may be assigned, as required.)
A. Utilize word processing software to create, edit, print and store documents from hardcopy or dictation.
B. Create customized documents, flow charts, forms, reports, presentations, spreadsheets and tables according to attorney instructions.
C. Utilize templates to format documents, assuring compliance with firm standards and/or court rules.
D. Convert documents and/or electronically transmitted files into various formats/programs using scanners, or other forms of character recognition systems.
E. Input numbers, or other data including client information, medical records, memberships, or licenses into computer at a very efficient rate of speed.
F. Prepare letters and other correspondence for mailing; creating envelopes and mailing labels as requested.
G. Prepare documents for Copy, Email or Fax using proper formatting, addressing and retention according to attorney instructions.
H. Proofread all documents to assure accuracy. Verbally proof legal descriptions and banking documents with another word processor.
I. Make Time & Billing entries and edits in the system per attorney request and according to EOM parameters.
J. Serve as a productive member of the Word Processing team, providing assistance and support to other team members as needed.
A. Specific knowledge, training or skills required to perform the duties of this position. Specific concepts, courses, training programs or required certifications:
(To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Demonstrated typing/word processing skills.
• Demonstrated computer proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite and various business software programs.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word skills including styles and formatting, tables of contents, and cross-referencing.
• Ability to use transcription equipment.
• Ability to operate and/or maintain copiers, fax machines, and other office equipment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including in-depth knowledge of grammar and spelling.
• Ability to maintain complete confidentiality of clients, documents and Firm related information.
• Interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with attorneys, paralegals, staff and co-workers.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize work, significant ability to multi-task.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to interpret and perform a variety of instructions furnished in handwritten, typed and/or verbal form.
• Work schedule flexibility (i.e. over base/overtime for department and project deadlines, etc.).
• Basic knowledge of legal terminology.
B. Essential Physical Demands and Working Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Ability to think, see, communicate, hear and utilize electronic devices