NORTON MANCAN TEMPORARY STAFFING EMPLOYMENT AGENCY is assisting a Seville Company looking for a Shipping & Receiving associate.
1st shift 7a-3:30p Mon-Fri
Long term opportunity for the right candidate!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
• Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
• Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons, using stenciling equipment.
• Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
• Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
• Nails covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal tape, using strapping machine.
• Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
• Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
• Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
• Routes items to departments.
• Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
• Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
• May operate lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
• May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
• May receive damaged or defective goods returned to establishment and be designated Returned-Goods Receiving Clerk.
Moderate to light standing, sitting, bending, stooping, lifting up to 50 pounds.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk Expectations
As a shipping/receiving clerk, you are expected to perform the responsibilities of this position in an efficient, accurate and courteous manner while dealing with frequent interruptions. Your attendance and willingness to take responsibility for your contributions are crucial to the company’s success.
CANDIDATE MUST PASS PRE EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREEN.
• While through Mancan, we offer our temporary employees full benefits such as paid vacation, holidays, 401K, as well as vision/dental/medical.
• After hire-in, the company offers medical, dental, union environment and perks.
NORTON MANCAN TEMPORARY STAFFING EMPLOYMENT AGENCY is hiring! Some of the best companies in the area use Mancan, including Fortune 500 companies. It is a great opportunity for you to get your foot in the door with some of the area’s top companies. If you have any questions or if interested in the positions please do not hesitate to call us at 330-706-9675
Using Google for jobs? Or searching Jobs Near Me? Call Mancan today!
Start application with Mancan online or we take applications M-F 8am-4pm. Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume with you. We are located at 4091 S Cleveland-Massillon Rd Norton, OH 44203. Please call us at 330-706 9675 with any questions