BBQ and WOK CHEF /BBQ and WOK LINE COOK – Immediate opening. BBQ and WOK EXPERIENCE MANDATORY!!!
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE WOK COOKING EXPERIENCE!!!
MUST HAVE YOUR OWN RELIABLE TRANPORATATION AND HAVE YOUR OWN VEHICLE AS THIS JOB REQUIRES WORKING SPLIT SHIFT SCHEDULES HAVING TO LEAVE AND RETURN FOR EXAMPLE 10:00 am- 2:30 pm then leave and return at 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm unless overtimes is required depending on how busy it is.
BBQ and WOK CHEF /BBQ and WOK LINE COOK – Immediate opening.
1. $11-$14 per hour based on 40 hour work week with possible overtime as needed
2. WOK cooking experience a plus
3. Ability to lift up to 35-70 lbs. for BBQ
4. Ability to work independently on time and on task.
5. Temp to Permanent Position.
6. Qualified candidate should have clean background
7. Ability to work in a cross-cultural/language environment
8. Good Knife and Prep skills
9. Lunch and Dinner shifts
10. Ability to work 5 - 6 days per week.
11. Ability to work 10+ hours per day.
12. Breakdown of work - BBQ - 75% / WOK - 25%
We are looking for a BBQ and Wok Chef/BBQ and Wok Line Cook to join our team and prepare delicious meals for our existing and growing customer base. Wok Chef/Wok Line Cook responsibilities include studying recipes, cooking to existing exacting standards and preparing high-quality dishes. You should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner. You should be familiar with sanitation regulations. If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
• Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, wok, pans and kitchen scales
• Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
• Cook food in a timely manner
• Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
• Ensure appealing plate presentation
• Assist other Line Cooks as needed
• Adhere to recipes.
• Monitor and properly rotate food stock
• Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
• Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
• Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook
• Proven work experience using Wok as primary cooking device
• Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and deep fryer)
• Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
• Leadership skills
• Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
• Excellent time management abilities
• Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques
• Familiarity with sanitation regulations
• Culinary school diploma preferred
Job Type: Temporary to Permanent Hire
• Culinary: 3 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
• A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
• A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
• Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
• Part Time
• Full Time
Mancan Staffing has the best jobs available in Greensboro NC
Using Google for jobs? Or searching Jobs Near Me?
For consideration apply in person at Mancan Temporary Employment Staffing Agency located at 7360 W. Friendly Ave, Ste. 112 Greensboro, NC 27410 or online at www.mancan.com. Register then apply to 92% complete and upload resume if one available. We take applications Monday through Thursday 9am - 11pm or 2pm - 4 pm. Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume if one was not uploaded. Temporary to permanent hire on positions available. Check out all of our jobs in Greensboro NC at www.mancan.com #GreensboroMancan#Jobs#Greensboro#North CarolinaMancan#Jobs#Greensboro#North Carolina