Purchasing Agent needed for Middlefield company on 1st shift working from 7am-3:30pm. Pay starts out at $17-$21/HR. This position is long-term and temp-to-hire.
• Purchases goods and services for specified, assigned area(s).
Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Advises department heads regarding purchase and supply requirements, specifications, quantity and quality of merchandise and delivery needs.
• Assists clients in obtaining proper specifications, quotations, delivery terms and costs.
• Explores and recommends alternatives to save or improve delivery.
• Solicits and analyzes quotations for new or nonstandard items.
• Recommends or approves awarding of contracts or purchase orders.
• Places purchase orders based on assigned authorization or signing limit.
• Surveys vendors regarding pricing, availability and delivery times to determine best and/or possible new supply sources.
• Performs year-end review and bidding of maintenance contracts for renewal.
• Bids long-term contracts of unlimited amounts for repetitively purchased items.
• Researches and resolves problems with vendors and company departments to facilitate the purchasing process.
• Ensures purchases comply with internal and external requirements and regulations as well as good purchasing practices.
• Informs staff on government restrictions and regulations and company policy and procedures related to purchasing.
• Maintains proficiency in automated systems used for purchasing functions such as inventory control, vendor contract information, cost control and bid analysis.
• Maintains currency on latest products and trends by reading trade publications, attending seminars and trade shows, and developing and maintaining vendor contacts as needed.
• The Company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
• Good verbal and written communication.
• Basic math and reading comprehension skills.
• Ability to use MRP, Excel and Word
• Problem solving
• Judgment and decision making
• Ability to Stand, walking and bend.
• Regularly reaching with hands and arms.
• Ability to lift and/or moves up to 40 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required include ability to adjust focus and visually inspect for defects.
Mancan Temporary Staffing Employment Agency offers our temporary employees full benefits such as paid vacation, holidays, 401K, as well as vision, dental, and medical. Some of the best companies in the area use Mancan including Fortune 500 companies. It is a great opportunity for you to get your foot in the door with some of the area’s top companies. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us at 440-285-5627
Apply online at www.mancan.com or stop in as we take applications Monday-Thursday 9am-3pm. Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume with you. Mancan temporary staffing employment agency is located at 220 Center St Suite B-2. Chardon, Oh 44024. Please call us at 440.285.5627 with any questions.
Using Google for jobs? Or searching Jobs Near Me? Call Mancan today……….
Check out all of Chardon Mancan jobs at www.mancan.com