SHIPPING CLERK needed at WILLOUGHBY company on 1st SHIFT. Hours are 9am-530pm. This position is temp-to-hire after 90 days.
Under general supervision this position is responsible for verifying and maintaining records for outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment according to standard department procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is list of the major job responsibilities for which this job is held accountable. It describes the duties and responsibilities in the broad scope, and is not intended to be all-inclusive. Individual(s) in this position may also from time-to-time be assigned other duties as appropriate.
• Prepares and/or expedites shipments by labeling, assembling and packing product containers and preparing and affixing labels to containers and/or skids.
• Provides information to make adjustments to production schedules, production logs and master schedule as product is shipped.
• Pulls product from (or places it into) inventory, packages, and labels product and fills out appropriate paperwork.
• Builds LTL truck shipments as directed.
• Operates powered industrial trucks (tow motors, lift trucks, etc.) to move materials and load freight.
• Removes parts from the ramp ovens when needed.
• Practices good housekeeping and safety habits, supports and follows company policies and procedures, and performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to achieve acceptable productivity rating established for each product type.
• Ability to obtain and maintain tow motor license and operate as job requires.
• Ability to prioritize work flow..
• Must follow a given instruction or set of instructions in order to arrange things or actions in a certain order.
• Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented verbally or in writing.
EDUCATION/TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma (or GED).
• Ability to perform basic math calculations such as decimal/fraction conversions, reading measuring tools.
• Must be able to obtain/maintain tow motor license.
Preferred (in addition to the above)
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Pervious experience with an ISO style quality control system.
• Current tow motor license.
Normal manufacturing environment requiring physical activity such as:
• Standing for long periods,
• Lifting up to 75 pounds,
• Exposure to varying weather conditions while loading trucks.
Using Google for jobs? Or searching Jobs Near Me? Call Mancan today……….
We do offer our temporary employees full benefits such as paid vacation, holidays, 401K, as well as vision/dental/medical. Some of the best companies in the area use Mancan including Fortune 500 companies. It is a great opportunity for you to get your foot in the door with some of the area’s top companies. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us at 440-285-5627
Apply online at www.mancan.com/ or we take applications Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume with you. Mancan temporary staffing employment agency is located at 220 Center St Suite B-2. Chardon, Oh 44024.Please call us at 440.285.5627 with any questions.