We are currently looking for club accountant for a high end country club.
Accounts Payable Duties
• Process manual checks and maintain control log.
• Ensure club policy is followed for invoice approval procedures.
• Maintain and control voided check log.
• Print accounts payable checks and attach invoices to the checks.
• File check vouchers and invoices after processing.
• Verify invoice extensions, footings and the sales tax that is charged, if required.
• Distribute invoices to department heads for approval.
• Make sure invoices are properly verified for quantities and signed approval for payment
• Post invoices in the computer following internal controls to assure that only valid, approved
and accurate vendor invoices are recorded and paid.
• Communicate with managers regarding invoice processing, statement reconciliation and
other accounts payable issues.
• Copy all fixed asset invoices for the permanent file.
• Maintain vendor files and good vendor relationships.
• Maintain the accounts payable database.
• Match all vendor statements to the month-end accounts payable aging due list.
• Reconcile and close the accounts payable system for the month.
• Process weekly accounts payable invoices and checks.
• Review vendor statements with processed invoices and resolve missing or discrepancies with amounts.
• Process 1099s at year end, obtain W-9’s from new vendors where appropriate, and assist
with credit applications, certificate of exemptions and W-9’s.
• Complete and/or assist in audit of all cash banks.
• Assist the needs of members, as required.
Accounts Receivable Duties
• Review and research accounts receivable discrepancies including tracking discrepancies,
creating exception reports and working with club personnel/management.
• Process credit memos for approved adjustments such as late fees.
• Process approved manual adjustments to correct discrepancies between the accounts
receivable sub-ledger and general ledger.
• Audit daily chits and update end of day POS activity to member’s accounts from all departments.
• Generate, print and mail club member statements/billings and maintains records.
• Process member payments as necessary and post cash payments received from members.
• Investigate inquiries on member charges and respond to member inquiries on their account in a
friendly and timely manner.
• Process and reconcile credit cards where applicable.
• Generate weekly/monthly aging reports, including delinquencies and non-member accounts.
• Assist and support documentation responding to internal and external auditors.
• Run month end reports and close A/R.
Additional Job Duties:
• Other duties as assigned.
• Special projects and other functions as required by manager
ACCOUNTING CLUB DESCRIPTIONS
• Background in hospitality accounting.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook email and Excel.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Minimum of 2 years prior experience in a private club environment, accounting, or hospitality.
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
• Proficient in club specific or related software. Knowledge of Jonas software a plus
If interested please email resume over for review to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also apply in person. Mancan Staffing Temporary Employment Agency is located at 3620 Tamiami Trail N. #202, Naples, FL 34103.
Applications are taken Monday through Thursday from 9-11am and again from 1-3pm. Please make sure to bring in two forms of unexpired government ids.