Certified Medical Assistant needed to work part time in Louisville, OH!! $15.00/hr!!
We have 2 positions available, both would be varied days/hours M – F, 9a – 5:30p and every other weekend, Sat and Sun 9a – 1:30p (this is walk-in clinic so we don’t necessarily get out at closing time). One position would be around 28-30 hrs/wk and the second 16-20 hrs/wk.
HURRY THESE WON'T LAST LONG!!!
Candidates will be responsible for preparing patients for physician exam/treatment, assisting physician, performing tests and procedures provide patient education and maintenance of clinical area and coordination of all aspects of the front office. Provides patient care as ordered and exercises professional judgment in the performance of patient care procedures. Recognizes patient conditions requiring immediate action and initiates life support measures. Maintains patient confidentiality.
1. Prepare patients for physician exam.
a. Assess all patient’ acuity to prioritize order seen
b. Obtain height, weight, BP, pulse, respirations, temp and pulse ox if needed
c. Obtain brief history for visit; document notes in chart
d. Answer any patient questions regarding policy
e. Review chart to assure all documents needed are attached
2. Perform tests and procedures as ordered by physician.
a. Finger stick blood sugar
b. Breathing treatment nebulizer
c. Incentive Spirometer
e. Specimen collection and documentation
f. Dispensing of medications
h. Assist physician with exam or treatment
3. Facilitate patient discharge.
a. Review discharge instructions, provide educational material, and answer questions
b. Ensure appropriate charges are listed on fee slip and process
c. Collect appropriate co-pay or payment for services provided
d. Schedule appropriate referral appointments and/ other outpatients testing and document appropriately
4. Manage clinical data
a. Accurate input and retrieval of all computer related tasks (Aprima, Radiology Requisitions, MediTech)
b. Review and process all test results received
c. Maintain patient records
d. Scan, attach results for physician to review
e. Follow up calls with patient about results
5. Maintain clinical area.
a. Keep exam rooms and nursing station clean and orderly
b. Perform daily restocking of all room supplies
c. Clean and sterilize all equipment utilized
d. Assumes responsibility for assigned area
e. Provides input for equipment and supply purchase decisions
f. May control inventory and purchase of supplies in coordination with manager
g. Maintain clinical logs (Refrigerator logs, Task logs, etc.)
6. Assist with general office duties.
a. Assist with answering telephones and questions
b. Medical record compilation and filing
c. Process electronic images onto CD for outside facilities
d. Open and Close office daily according to procedure
7. Perform other duties commensurate with skills and training as assigned, including on-site assignments.
8. Flexible work hours to meet the needs of organization
9. Protect the assets of the organization.
10. Promote positive facility and community relationships
11. Responsible for checking emails and online learning assignments (Relias) on a regular basis.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
1. Graduate of Accredited Medical Assistant Program, or equivalent training.
2. Certified or Registered Medical Assistant required within 90 days and maintain certification.
3. CPR certified or must obtain within 3 months acquired through American Heart Association.
4. Must be computer literate to complete task(s) as required. Such as MediTech (Hospital Support Software), Halogen (performance appraisal system) Relias (education system), ability to retrieve e-mails, complete online enrollment for health insurance/benefits and any other programs as assigned
5. Prior medical experience preferred
1. Medical terminology required.
2. Excellent organizational skills