Mancan Professional Temporary Staffing Employment Agency is assisting a Canton, OH company with a 3 month project for Software Quality Assurance Analyst II . This position is 40 hours a week.
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst II will provide support to the organization by reviewing functional requirements and user stories from business partners; design test plans, write test cases, oversee test strategies and perform manual testing for assigned applications. The Software Quality Assurance Analyst II will submit and verify defects, maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of all applications, analyzes test results to certify existing functionality and integrations and recommends corrective action upon failures. Testing will include functional and nonfunctional, integration, regression, system, smoke and sanity testing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**)
• Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
• Design functional and non-functional test cases that verify requirements and validate functionality.
• Backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment.
• Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
• Execute and evaluate manual test cases and report test results.
• Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
• Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
• Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
• Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes while supporting Client Services.
• Analyze user stories and technical requirements for validity, feasibility and technical soundness and decompose them to extract positive and negative test scenarios and strong acceptance criteria.
• Detect, report, and track software defects.
• Execute all levels of testing including but not limited to: System, Integration, and Component Level Regression.
• Create and execute application security test plans to ensure HIPPA compliance is followed.
• Use methodical and repeatable processes to verify releases meet quality standards before launch.
• Apply quality assurance principles throughout the agile product life cycle to identify defect and design flaws.
• Collaborate with the development team to improve the quality of the deliverables and ensure the business needs are met.
• Monitor defect tracking and testing status to project plans across all projects/releases.
• Work closely with the developers in both an Agile Scrum and Kanban fashion.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the business stakeholders and end users to determine component use and investigate reported user issues.
• Work towards learning and increasing automation knowledge and skills.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
• Solid knowledge of using web applications.
• Solid analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to understand create documents such as test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
• 5+ year experience working with web based software applications.
• Testing experience using Jira, Postman, SQL, Fiddler, TestRail, REST, Soap, Selenium, JMeter.
• Experience writing and executing test automation scripts.
• Highly self-motivated, goal orientated, with a desire to learn.
High School Diploma with computer experience.
College or Secondary degree preferred.
Liaison with development, project management
Mancan Professional Temporary Staffing Agency is located at 1918 Fulton Rd. NW Canton, OH 44709. Please feel free to call us at 330-492-56