Hazmat CDL A Driver needed for a growing warehousing facility in Geneva, OH. This is a Monday-Friday position and is a direct hire. Pay is based upon experience.
Summary: This job will primarily consist of driving a CMV (Commercial Motor Vehicle) to deliver or pickup general freight, position (cranking dolly legs / sliding tandems) or move trailers at specific customers and / or locations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Driver must be able to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle according to Department of Transportation Regulations while making customer deliveries and pickups, which includes maneuverability and positioning at docks, dropping / hooking trailers and securing loads.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Valid Class A CDL (Commercial Drivers License)
• DOT Medical Certification
• Driving Experience (minimum 2 years)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit sometimes for long periods of time. As determined by the DOT medical requirements: The employee must have sufficient grasp and prehension in upper limbs to maintain steering wheel grip and sufficient mobility and strength in lower limbs to operate pedals properly. The employee is frequently required to get in and out of the truck cab. Employee must be able to attend to trailers by opening/ closing doors, cranking dolly legs, sliding tandems, dropping/ hooking trailers and securing loads. Occasionally the employee may be required to lift 26 to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, and vibration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Broad Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulation
• Computer Literate – ability to be able to use keyboard and Internet to access computerized logs
• Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance
• Communication - speaks and writes clearly and informatively; Listens and gets clarifications Presents paperwork effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner;
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests
• Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; keeps emotions under control; acts professionally
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity;
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method t