Mancan Temporary Employment Staffing Agency is hiring Machine Operators!
Produces candles of the highest quality by operating one or more machines used in the production of candles or plastic candle bottles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
As a Machine operator daily tasks could consist of:
• Making sure the production line has the proper glass in and out of the hot boxes for each run,
• Gets the correct wick, sets it up so the auto wicker cuts it to the proper length, sets up the auto wicker for each size vessel ensuring the proper amount of glue and that the wick/sustainer is centered in each vessel, fill the conveyor with tins/glass.
• Communicates with batch matchers.
• Use both hands to put wick clips on candles and gently pull on wick to make sure it is centered.
• Performs tasks necessary in producing a quality product, effectively and on time.
• Minimizes downtime and scrap.
• Completes records as required, production reports,
• Quality control data, etc.
• Must have knowledge of parts and materials used in the manufacturing process.
• Ability to pack component parts to prevent damage in shipment to the customer.
• Must have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Skill and care in moving materials to the shop floor.
Additionally, below is a breakout of the job responsibilities
1. Operates one or more machines used in the production of candles or plastic candle bottles. Monitors machine(s) operation to ensure that products adhere to company quality standards and specifications. Makes simple adjustments to machinery and equipment as required. Keeps machine(s) supplied with raw materials.
2. Sets up or adjusts machine(s) for production which may include add-ing/changing dies, blades, wax mixtures and chemicals as well as turning on and adjusting related equipment, checks and adjusts tempera¬ture of raw materials or equipment.
3. Cleans machine(s) at end of each shift or production run and performs basic maintenance tasks on machine(s).
4. Performs related duties as required or assigned which may include labeling, packing or otherwise preparing product for shipment.
5. Operates material handling equipment to keep work area stocked with material and supplies needed for production or packing.
6. Floats or assists in other areas as needed.
7. Keeps work area clean and orderly.
8. Completes necessary production reports, logs and forms. Performs periodic quality tests (Plastics).
Hours are 2pm-10pm paying $11.50hr. Positiion is temp to hire.
Visit us online at www.mancan.com or Apply in person at Mon-Fri 9am-11am or 1pm-3pm at Mancan Medina 735 North Court St. Medina, OH 44256