Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, and straightedges.
• Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
• Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
• Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; notifies supervisor or purchasing of parts needed.
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Maintains facility that may include basic maintenance, painting, repairing restrooms, etc.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• 3+ years’ experience – industrial maintenance/electrical/HVAC or similar
EDUCATION &/or CERTIFICATIONS:
• High School Diploma/GED
• Continuing education/training in OSHA and safety requirements
• Equipment maintenance
• Technical understanding
• Basic Safety
• Knowledge of power tools
• Attention to Detail
• Ability to multitask