An Akron plastics company is seeking experienced Color Technician! The pay rate is $16/hr. There are 3 shifts available: 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am. This job is temp-to-hire with excellent benefits after hire.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will verify and improve primary input/output for all color processes, formulations and documentation. Responsibilities include ensuring that manufacturing color processes are properly documented and up to date. In addition, participate in problem solving activities and developing training, WI, SOP and process efficiencies.
• Adhere to all company EHS policies and standards
• Assist in the development and support of projects that contribute to the profitability, reliability, environmental, and safety integrity of the plant
• Assist in continuous improvement initiatives in the manufacturing of color product/processing areas, including process modernization.
• Perform hands on testing of polymer processes and equipment to meet business objectives for new product introductions.
• Provide hands on technical support for equipment qualification and process validation.
• Assist in developing documents, protocols, SOPs, batch records, work instructions and test procedures.
• Work with Process Engineer & Managers to assist with their color polymer processing development effort.
• Optimize the performance and efficiency of all color processes.
• Support plant production through daily QC of in-line checks to ensure quality finished goods through molding, testing and approving of finished goods specifications.
• Formulate and develop new colors to meet customer requirements. Identify appropriate materials using job knowledge, spectrophotometer, and other information via databases and vendor documentation as may be available.
• Interact with customers and vendors as needed to gather information, provide guidance, and provide troubleshooting.
• Quality control check production materials then approve and/or adjust as needed. Perform all appropriate tests as may be required and create all required documentation, including but not limited to ash, melt flow, optical density, dispersion testing, color measurements, contrast ratio, moisture, and flame testing.
• Evaluate new raw materials for suitability and cost effectiveness.
• Understanding of twin screw and single screw extrusion required.
• Knowledge in other polymer processes is desirable.
• Background in dyes and special effects is strongly desirable
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Candidate with 5-10 years of experience in a polymer processing environment is preferred
• Knowledge in plastics compounding is a plus
Relevant Skills Required:
• Proficient with MS Office suite
• Excellent communication, teamwork and time management skills
• High attention to detail
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical and technical skills, ability to solve complex problems and innovate
• Ability to interface, orally and in writing, with many levels of employees of various disciplines within various departments and all other internal and external contacts
Mancan Temporary Staffing Employment Agency is located at 710 Graham Rd Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221. Please feel free to call us at 330-633-9675 with any questions. Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume with you, or apply online at www.mancan.com/. Industrial, Factory, Warehouse, Clerical, Welding, Administrative, Professional, & skilled jobs available!
#industrial #factory #warehouse #clerical #administrative #professional #skilled #Mancan #nowhiring #hiring #temp #temporary #staffing #directhire #temptohire #jobs #work
Check out the BEST JOBS in Tallmadge, OH!