Cuyahoga Falls Mancan is helping a Stow Company fill a position for Machine Operator- Helper (Gantry/Slitter/Water Jet). This position will train on 1st shift (6am-2:30pm) and then move to 2nd shift hours will be 2pm-10:30pm. Starting pay rate is $14.00 per hour!
Follows prints and specifications to assist the slitter machine operator to set up and operate slitter machine to cut metal parts into strips of specified widths and very close tolerances for precision, quality, and safety. Follows packaging procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitors material flow while machine is running and alerts slitter machine operator of safety or quality defects.
• Assists operator with accurate completion of inspection reports and notifies shift supervisor of any nonconforming quality issues.
• Continually communicates with operator with regard to various positions around the machine and any problems while the machine is running.
• Adheres to all safety/ISO requirements and policies, and maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area. Must wear PPE at all times as directed by the Supervisor.
• Demonstrates support of company goals, values and work ethic and is extremely dependable.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Slitting Line Operator or the Shift Supervisor.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
• Keeps work area clean and free from trip hazards.
• Maintains material flow by helping the operator as needed.
Education and work experience.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and 1 to 2 years’ previous slitting machine experience or 1 to 2 years’ experience in a machine shop environment.
• Must be certified to operate an overhead crane and trained to operate a forklift.
Credentials and special requirements
• Must have mechanical aptitude, be able to read and write legibly, and have the ability to communicate effectively to the production team.
• Must have the ability to apply basic and some advanced mathematical concepts and have highly accurate math skills; must have the ability to convert fractions to decimals.
• Must be able to work from specifications; understand customer packaging requirements and assess product quality, monitor the operating environment, and understand various PVC types.
• Must be able to use a variety of precision measuring instruments, including but not limited to, micrometers, tape measures, and calipers.
• Must be able to work accurately, safely, and efficiently and produce quality work.
• Must be able to work accurately and safely in a fast paced environment.
• Must be flexible and willing to work overtime.
• The employee is required to talk and hear, and is often required to stand, walk, and use their hands and fingers to reach, handle, grasp, stoop, kneel, crouch and lift up to 50 pounds. The job entails repetitive motion and requires good eye/hand/foot coordination.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles, as well as material processing odors and dust. The noise level in the plant work environment is often loud and the environment can be hot and humid in the summer.
Mancan Temporary Staffing Employment Agency is located at 710 Graham Rd, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221. Please feel free to call us at 330-633-9675 with any questions. Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume with you, or apply online at www.mancan.com/. Industrial, Factory, Warehouse, Clerical, Welding, Administrative, Professional, & skilled jobs available!
#industrial #factory #warehouse #clerical #administrative #professional #skilled #Mancan #nowhiring #hiring #temp #temporary #staffing #directhire #temptohire #jobs #work
Check out the BEST JOBS in Summit County!