Shift Lead for needed in Conneaut for a premier facility on 2nd shift working from 2:45pm-11pm Monday-Friday. Would need to be able to train on 1st shift then rotate over once trained. This is a temp to hire role starting out at $17 an hour. Once hired on permanently the pay will increase based on performance.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS: Production leadership must have a good working knowledge of product lines in which they lead. They will be responsible to manage manufacturing issues and escalate to management, maintenance, or engineering as needed. In addition, this person must ensure teammates observe prescribed safety precautions. This is a hands-on leadership role where the Shift Leader will be a supervisor and will frequently work alongside other teammates within the cell.
• Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results on shift production summaries and visual management boards
• Maintains staff by, selecting, orienting, and training employees; helping to develop others • Maintains quality by establishing and enforcing organization quality standards • Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs as needed
• Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on safety procedures and by maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
JOB REQUIREMENTS KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NECESSARY:
• Good written and verbal communication skills and basic knowledge of arithmetic, working knowledge of document systems, formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, and adjustable measuring instruments;, maintenance and interpretation of reports, forms, records, and related
• Ability to train others to plan, perform, and make decisions as to the sequence of setups, operations, and processes within the limitations of recognized or standard methods, for the product line(s) in which the associate leads
• Continuous mental and visual attention; operations requiring constant alertness or activity • Must be self-motivated, self-directed and have the ability to work well as a part of a team Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, etc.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
An Ideal Candidate Would:
• Have 5 years or more direct hands on-manufacturing experience with plastic injection molding environment.
• Prior direct or indirect leadership in a manufacturing setting
• High-level of dedication, punctuality and reliability
• Proven ability to work with minimal additional leadership or engineering support in the factory (this is a 2nd shift position)
Mancan Temporary Staffing Employment Agency offers our temporary employees full benefits such as paid vacation, holidays, 401K, as well as vision, dental, and medical. Some of the best companies in the area use Mancan including Fortune 500 companies. It is a great opportunity for you to get your foot in the door with some of the area’s top companies. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us at 440-993-9675
Apply online at www.mancan.com or stop in as we take applications Monday-Friday 9am-3pm. Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume with you. Mancan temporary staffing employment agency is located at 4538 Main Ave, Ashtabula, OH 44004. Please call us at 440-993-9675 with any questions.
Using Google for jobs? Or searching Jobs Near Me? Call Mancan today……….