Port Washington manufacturer is seeking people to add to their growing team!
Will be working in shipping & receiving. General duties:
Role and Responsibilities
• May attend production meetings for input and information on shipments and expected receivables.
• Coordinates shipping to and receiving from outside suppliers as applicable.
• Responsible for verification / comparison of identifying information and counts, weights, or measures of items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
• Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
• Enter proper information on shipments into database system.
• Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
• Traces lost shipments and/ or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
• Bands crates for shipment with metal banding using strapping machine.
• Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
• Affixes identifying shipping information and / or instructions on packed cartons, crates or containers.
• Unpacks and examines incoming shipments for damage, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
• Coordinates receiving inspection with quality to accept or reject shipment if needed.
• Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
• Operates lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
• May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipment.
• May dump scrap in scrap bins.
Must have good computer skills & have prior shipping & receiving experience. The pay is based on experience between $14-15/hr.
This is a great day shift schedule, hours are M-F 6am-2:30pm.
Once hired, the company offers benefits, such as:
$25 bi-weekly medical insurance (for single person)
life insurance, up to $25,000
paid vacation: after 1 year=5 days, after 2 years=7 days, after 3 years=8 days & so on
after 60 days 1 day of PTO that accumulates annually
6 paid holidays as well as floating holidays
paid bereavement & jury duty
Mancan is the only staffing company to offer our employees competitive benefits including direct deposit paycheck options, paid time off for holidays & vacations, life/health/dental insurance, career development/training, and 401(k) with company match!
Mancan Temporary Employment Staffing Agency Apply online at www.mancan.com or in person! Applications accepted every day until 4pm. Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume with you. Our New Philadelphia office is located in the Downtown Square at 100 South Broadway, diagonally across from the Courthouse.
Using Google for jobs? Or searching Jobs Near Me? Call Mancan today……….