Beverage Delivery Driver (Thomasville)
employment type: full-time Tues-Fri (4 ten hour shifts)
DELIVERY DRIVER POSITION OPEN FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE! JOIN ONE OF THE MOST EXCITING COMPANIES SPECIALIZING IN FINE WINE, CRAFT BEER & SPIRITS DISTRIBUTORS IN SOUTH AND NORTH CAROLINA. COME AND JOIN A TEAM THAT TAKES PRIDE IN BEING THE BEST AT WHAT THEY DO IN AN INDUSTRY THAT IS FUN, RECESSION-PROOF AND SECURE!!!
Comprehensive Health Benefits program including: Medical, Vision, and Dental, 401-K, performance bonuses as eligible.
Position Summary: The employee in this position must be dependable and be able to work a minimum of 40 hrs./wk., Tuesdays through Fridays. He/She will be responsible for delivery, applicable merchandising and the proper rotation of all company products in customer accounts. The employee makes sure that all orders are accurate and the deliveries on their route sheet are made in a timely manner. He/She will be asked on occasion to help merchandisers, as well as their fellow drivers, with their routes.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Arrives on time appropriately uniformed and groomed.
• Performs daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections and follows up with any maintenance issues.
• Follows the daily route schedule assigned in a timely manner
• Collects all payments on applicable invoices.
• Communicates with sales reps and/or warehouse on any discrepancies or questions
• Is accountable for the upkeep and proper usage of all assigned equipment
• Maintains a properly cleaned vehicle, and insures that the truck is appropriately fueled and organized for the next day's business/driver.
• Settles up all end of day paperwork and procedures on a daily basis.
• Promptly attends all scheduled driver meetings and training sessions
• Must have a valid NC driver's license, maintain a clean driving record and pass a NCDOR mandated background check.
• Must have a minimum of one year experience as a delivery driver.
• Must pass a mandatory pre-hire drug test, DOT physical and submit to random drug tests.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and calculate discounts
• Able to deal with minor problems in a professional manner
Physical Mandatory Requirements (Include but are not limited to)
• Drive a company vehicle meeting all hearing and vision requirements while also being able to climb in and out of the vehicle throughout the day to make deliveries
• Frequently reach overhead with extended reaching to move upward and/or lower product ranging in weight from 25 to 150 pounds from truck to ground level to customer point of delivery. Stairs may be involved at customer location. Vehicles do not have automated lift gates.
• Daily deliveries may include up to 70 kegs and up to 1000 cases of wine/beer, and may include 38 customer stops. Kegs can weigh between 35 lbs. to upward of 150lbs. Cases of wine/beer can weigh between 20lbs to 45 lbs.
• Perform a majority of the tasks with a limited amount of space that will require lifting, kneeling stooping and carrying.
• Stand for an average of 8 to 10 hours per day, the time sitting is while driving.
Additional Requirements: All Applicants : Individuals not interested in rolling up their sleeves and working hard in a fast-paced company need not apply. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States (2 forms of identification required at time of hire). Must be at least 21 years old at time of application. Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation. Employment is subject to passing a drug and background check.
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE APPLY AT WWW.MANCAN.COM AND CALL 336-323-7878 FOR AN INITIAL PHONE INTERVIEW.
Using Google for jobs? Or searching Jobs Near Me?
Please bring 2 forms of government ID and unless you've already uploaded your resume when applying online.
Check out all of our jobs in Greensboro NC at www.mancan.com #GreensboroMancan#Jobs#Greensboro#North Carolina