Cuyahoga Falls Mancan is helping a Stow Company fill a position for Machine Operator (Gantry/Slitter/Water Jet). This position will train on 1st shift (6am-2:30pm) and then move to 2nd shift hours will be 2pm-10:30pm. Starting pay rate is $15.50 per hour!
Sets up and operates various types of slitting and related production equipment to slit continuous lengths of non-ferrous metal to specified widths with very close tolerances. Follows work orders, company procedures and specifications to set up and operate slitting lines to safely produce an exact, quality product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists in training and oversees slitting line helpers and packagers to ensure work products meet customer order specifications.
• Efficiently sets up and operates multiple blade slitting/rewinding machine according to customer specifications to perform precision operations on varying non-ferrous materials
• Selects speeds and feeds and determines operational sequences and tooling arrangements.
• Ensures effective operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, and requesting maintenance repairs.
• Troubleshoots potential issues with the machine to ensure quality and the ability to meets all production goals.
• Observes flow of material through machine to detect irregular slitting, uncoiling and recoiling.
• reviews all Slitting orders, prior to set-up to ensure compliance. Completes all inspection paperwork as required.
• Monitors and documents all process parameters and notifies shift supervisor of any nonconforming quality issues.
• Maintains accurate scrap and machine productivity documentation, including production, non-conforming and inspection reports.
• Performs other duties as assigned by shift supervisor. Contributes to the team by accomplishing manufacturing goals.
• Adheres to all safety/ISO requirements and policies, and maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area. Must always wear personal protective equipment as required.
• Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work slitting work area.
Education and work experience
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Must have 1 to 2 years previous slitting machine experience
• Must have prior experiencing operating an overhead crane and tow motor
• Must be able to read and write legibly and to communicate effectively to the production team
• Must have the ability to apply basic and some advanced mathematical concepts and have highly accurate math skills
• Must be able to work from specifications, understand customer packaging requirements, assess product quality, monitor the operating environment, and understand various PVC types.
• Must be able to use a variety of precision measuring instruments, including but not limited to, micrometers, tape measures, and calipers.
• Must be able to work accurately, safely, and efficiently and produce quality work.
• Must be flexible and work overtime as needed.
Mancan Temporary Staffing Employment Agency is located at 710 Graham Rd, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221. Please feel free to call us at 330-633-9675 with any questions. Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume with you, or apply online at www.mancan.com/. Industrial, Factory, Warehouse, Clerical, Welding, Administrative, Professional, & skilled jobs available!