Mancan Temporary Staffing Employment Agency is looking for 12 Harvesters for a Hydroponic Farm in Punta Gorda.
JJob purpose / summary / objective
Harvest hydroponic leafy greens safely and in accordance with the highest quality and food safety standards.
Duties / Responsibilities
• Remove leafy greens from the gutters
• Ensure clean, sanitary machines and equipment throughout the process.
• Learn and follow the best food safety standards consistent with our SOP’s, procedures, inspections, and quality requirements.
• Contribute to high quality by communicating with supervisor when irregularities with product or equipment occur.
• Help fulfill daily harvest plan to satisfy our consumers and customers.
• Take credit for your team's accomplishments by accurately recording charts related to performed labor, inspection and results as required.
• Work safely and maintain a safe, clean, organized work area and uniform.
• Operate Hand Pallet Jack safely to help add efficiency as needed.
• No experience needed!
• Some food or agriculture industry experience preferred
• On-going training in Food Safety and Sanitation is a bonus!
• Ability to fulfill routine logs related to food safety and inspection reports, either in paperwork or digital form
Key Values & Characteristics of Candidates:
• Authentically Green. Candidates must sincerely care about leading the movement to improve the environmental impact of the food supply chain. Candidates must be passionate about creating a healthier planet, environment, and food supply. The background and experience of candidates should reflect a true passion for improving the way we feed Americans.
• Drive to Succeed. Candidates must have hunger and ambition and must get out of bed and want to strongly perform every day, internally motivated. Candidates must demand excellence and strive to achieve greatness.
• Humility & Integrity. Candidates must have personal humility and must want the organization to succeed (not focusing solely on personal success). Candidates must care about people and clients and be strong team players. Candidates must possess the highest degree of integrity and must project the proper image of the customer
Working in a Greenhouse is generally a warm and sunny place to be! Occasionally Harvesters may be asked assist in the coolers where the produce is packed and those coolers are kept at around 35 degrees (coats are provided). Also Harvester are often working near moving mechanical parts. There will be exposure to cleaning chemicals. The noise level of machines and cooling units can be loud. All safety gear will be provided, and expected to be used, for conditions involving extreme weather, noise, and chemical exposure.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are expected to constantly use hands to finger, handle or feel, as well as talk and hear. There is frequent standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, as well as stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing. The lifting requirements are to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds, often lift up to 25 pounds, and constantly lift up to 10 pounds. In addition, the operator will have to pull dumpsters filled with material using the pallet jack, this will be done together with other operators. The employee should have clear correctable vision at close and distance range, as well as peripheral vision to notice safety hazards.
Hours are 6:30am to 4:00pm or until job is done. Weekend availability.
If interested send resume for review or you may apply in person. Mancan Temporary Employment Staffing Agency is located at 12995 S. Cleveland Ave. Suite 234, Fort Myers, FL 33907
Applications are taken Monday – Thursday from 9am to 3pm. Please make sure you bring in two forms of unexpired government ids. For example driver’s license and social security card.